V ä v a! V e v e! weaving cloth one thread at a time

Sunday, August 22, 2010

I'm leavin' on a jet plane. . .

Well, I managed to get all my bags and crates packed!  I had to come up with a solution for packing my towels that wouldn't get them all wrinkled since I was not taking my Cold Mangle with me to the show.  So off to Home Depot I go.   

And what to my wondering eyes does appear? 
But a roller of shrink wrap, for wrapping, my dear! 


I love hardware stores!!  So this is how I managed my towels!  Just another piece of luggage! I used the carrying case for my photography lighting.  I saved about $300 by doing it this way!   Yes, I feel pretty smart ; )   
Next stop. . . San Francisco!  The plane was filled to maximum as is the case these days. 
The flight continued without any problems and landed in the San Francisco airport with a 3-point landing.  We caught a taxi to our  'penthouse suite' which is conveniently located across the street from Fort Mason.  I found the living quarters through http://www.vrbo.com/.
Nice!

The view was incredible!



And just across the street, beyond a park, was the Festival Pavillion, where I, along with half of the artists, had booth spaces.  The Pavillion was huge!  It must have been at least 120 feet wide, and at least a football field long!
And it went from raw space. . .

. . . to full and active space in a matter of hours!
 







And my space went from this. . .  






with
DH's help,

. . . to this in two hours!  Almost done!  Just need to adjust the lights and bring in the flowers.

The show was a great success!  Over 250 artists all having so much creative talent and craftmanship!  I am still in awe that I am included in this sort of company!  I was enthusiastically welcomed to San Francisco by all sorts of people, all so warm and gracious.  I almost went through my whole inventory of handwoven towels and tablerunners, as well as taking some very nice orders!  Thank you San Francisco and ACC!!

No comments:

Post a Comment