V ä v a! V e v e! weaving cloth one thread at a time

Monday, February 2, 2015

Tea Towels at Summer Studio

I have spent the last month at Summer Studio, weaving on my smaller 48" AVL due to an equipment failure and subsequent need for ordering a part that was not available for about 3 weeks.  No problem!  I love it there and get quite a bit of work done, while enjoying the solitude and warm crackling fires in the fireplace.  I had a few tablerunner orders to complete, and an overdue payback of some towels to a jewelry artist friend of mine in North Carolina.  Laurel's Bench  We have a strong affection for each other's work and while I keep her buried in linen, I just can't have too much of Laurel's jewelry!  She LOVES color in her linens, so I wove a couple of towels for her after I was done with the tablerunner orders.  These Tea Towels still need hems and wet-finishing, which will have them looking all GLAM for Laurel!  I had some fun putting my color theory studies to work! 

No comments:

Post a Comment